Thursday 31 December 2015

Alpha Whirly Scorps ready for war!



Man I love Christmas time. Forget the turkey and the cranberry sauce. No fat men in red suits or babies in mangers for me please! I didn't even get any presents. Nope, I love this time of year because I get so much time off to unwind and paint! 


Yup that's right, not one but two Scorpius tanks painted over the Christmas holiday period. Have a closer look:


Line highlighting is something of a perverse pleasure now - on the surface it's a tedious task but actually it makes such a beautiful difference that I want to just jump to that final step! Such pop, much wow. 


I dearly want to add some weathering but in waiting on the alpha legion transfer sheet which I'll be picking up at the weekender. For now I'll consider these complete pending that final step as is the case with all my tanks...

Hell I even used them in a battle already and I've come up with a new favourite formation for my rhino chassis- the no rear armour formation! 

Rear armour? What's that?

So that's a glorious 115 points a pop and I think I'll be generous and give them extra armour as a shaken whirlwind is a waste... 250 more points painted!! 

Syra out.



2 comments:

  1. They look great. I remember the reaping they took on my forces last time we played! They're not to be under estimated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D they are quite nasty, it's the alpha legions way to crush an opponent so no word of the battle ever gets out.

      Delete