Tuesday 15 December 2015

Achievement Unlocked! Legal Legiones Astartes Force.


I've been working on my IX Legiones Astartes force for 9 months now and I've finally got an age of darkness legal force completely painted!  I'm quite happy with myself and pushing to have a 2k force done in time for the Horus Heresy Weekender in February.

The last model to make this a fully painted legal force was the HQ selection.  Fitting for the Blood Angels I've added a Black Warden to my force to lead my assault marines into battle!

This was a joy to paint and convert.  The body and legs is from Kharn, the helmet from the Minotaur Chaplain, Axe is from the Sanguinary Guard box and the rest of the bits are from here and there.  I've added a bunch of little equipment around his waist such as grenades, scrolls and a large dagger.






Next I have the rest of my assault squad to work on.  Two are finished painted but I haven't taken pictures of them yet.  I also need to create more bases and paint them as well.  Hopefully I'll have these guys done by Christmas so I can start working on a big bad ass machine.


P.S.  You might have noticed that I didn't do my normal format for a commitment and completion post.  They're starting to feel too organised and I wanted something more organic.  I going to switch to a basic "This is what I've done and What I'm currently working on" post.  

Stay tuned for more updates over the next couple of months as I try to get a bunch of models done for the Horus Heresy Weekender!

1 comment:

  1. That's a really beautiful job on the chaplain. So much depth to the black - a deceptively hard colour to get right!

    ReplyDelete