Wednesday 30 December 2015

Tactical squads incoming.



With Christmas come and  gone it’s been a rather hectic few weeks and I have to confess I have not got nearly as much completed as I was hoping! So in my previous post I pledged a volkite caliver squad, an autocannon squad and a vigilator which fell rather short of getting my attention.
Instead I turned my eye to the trusty tactical marines that are the bread and butter of my Iron Warrior horde. I;ve got two completed tactical squads as follows:

Sigma squad: 10 legionnaires with bolters and a sergeant with a power fist. 165pts
Delta squad: 9* legionnaires with bolters and a sergeant with a power axe. 160pts
*Somehow I missed a marine in painting this squad and didn’t realise until they were finished, will add him in the next post!
Sigma squad ready to storm the trenches of the 31st millennium!

My favourite squad members from Sigma squad. The Iron Warrior heads look great, which is strange considering how odd the bodies Forge World sell look. No matter an Iron Hands torso came to rescue the sergeant!
Delta squad looking understrength after “Jones” was acting funny….

Close up shot

I’m a big fan of the knightly and crusading nature of the 30k legions and wanted to show this throughout the force by using heraldic shields which also allowed me to add some colour to the usually dour Iron Warriors.

Every legionary bears a shield of red and white, displaying their own personal or squad designs. Some esteemed warriors will bear different colours depending on their rank or status in one of the warrior lodges. Red and white indicates no lodge affiliation; black and yellow indicates membership of the Dodekatheon, orange and black indicates membership of the Apolakron.

Shield designs
I've also been working on a few other projects, including figuring out how to paint chevrons! After a few tries and some fiddly taping, I've got a result I'm happy with which will hopefully get easier with practice:

For my next pledge I’ll try and be a little bit less ambitious and aim for just the one squad, which will be a squad of tyrant siege terminators. An entire squad of cyclone missile launchers. Nasty and a big 295pts added to my pledge.


WIP!

1 comment:

  1. Good progress mate, iron warriors looking suitably muddy

    ReplyDelete