Wednesday 27 January 2016

Blood Angel's Contemptor Dreadnought


This model was a joy to paint.  What's not to love?  Lots of details, large areas to shade and blend colours in and it's a freaking robot!  Sadly it's only 95% of the way there.  If you look closely the the shields on the shoulder and leg are not done.  I don't know what to put there yet and am waiting on the next Horus Heresy book so I can get some ideas.  I'm getting much better at my shading a blending and it's not as "bright" anymore. 



The base here was a lot of fun to paint.  I carved in the pattern as a guidance and then went to town.  I like the marble effect but maybe a bit too much with the goldish coloured marble but I'll it alone for now.  I think I'll carry this pattern forward into my next unit, maybe some terminators just so I can paint more cool bases.


I've magnetized the arms so I can swap them out when the mood strikes me.  I want to get a chainfist and multi-melta option but after painting this guy I want to do another dreadnought all together!  I might get another legions dreadnought and then convert it.


I've only used this guy in a couple of games before and he was a beast!  Destroyed a maulerfiend in overwatch, shot up some cultists before contesting their objective in one.  Looking forward to seeing what he does in the next game.

 This will be the last of my hobby updates for a while probably.  Got a busy schedule coming up.  Flying to London next week to attend the Horus Heresy weekender with Syra and Sam.  Going to play a couple of games against my fellow bloggers there and we'll be sure to put up some pictures of the games.  Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. He looks great. That base is really gorgeous too, your marbling effect has come a long way since you started! Love the gold marble, you need to show me how to do that!

    ReplyDelete