Saturday 16 April 2016

Legion IX Elite


 

Legiones Astartes Terminators are amongst the most feared warriors in the galaxy.  Best suited for engagements in confined quarters and for being all around bad asses!  This kit is great, I got them nearly 10 months ago and assembled them but didn't paint them yet.  I had a lot of fun buliding and painting them.  To make them stand out a little bit from my bog standard marines, I've painted black marble on their left shoulder pad and single knee pad.  The bases are also a departure from my normal ones, I added more colours and variation to flooring.



Here is the sergeant leading a couple of chain fist terminators.  The frag launchers are great for two small blasts and assault grenades to help out in assaults.  The chain fists are required to open up a can off whoop ass :D  Also great for opening up Spartans and Leviathans.


For inter legion warfare you can not have enough plasma.  Got a plasma blaster and combi-plasma to add a bit of ranged death.  Great way to kill some guys on the way in before giving them a proper thrashing in close combat.


Here are my lightning claw bros.  The lightning claws for Cataphratii terminators look so much better than their 40k counterparts and I'm tempted to paint up a squad of 5.  I love the finger claw image and makes it looks so much more deadly.  They've got a bit of "come at me bro" attitude about them.

I'm very happy with how they've come out so far and I've got 3 more guys to paint.  One with a reaper autocannon, one with a combi-plasma and another standard combi-bolter & powerfist guy.  I've also started to wash some resin for a very exciting Legion project, every army needs some heavy support right?  :D


1 comment: