Monday 4 April 2016

Tread Carefully, and with a Big Gun.


Another completion! I know I have been rather quiet as of late but have been rather distracted with numerous side projects which you will see very soon in my next blog!
Right so onto that completion, I finally got round to finishing up one of my two medusa/Basilisks, yes they are magnetised barrels so I can easily swap between them depending on what I need.



Who doesn’t love a massive artillery piece and none more so than a filthy Iron Warrior one! I have a real soft spot for the medusa in my cold black heart ever since I found it was the perfect weapon for blowing land raiders to pieces! Even the dread Spartan isn’t safe from long range demolisher shells being rained on their parade!

As a real infantry lover I was pleasantly surprised how fun the tank was to paint and even the chevroning on the sides wasn’t too difficult and overall very rewarding.




I like to create little snips of detail to my models through conversions and ideas. I went for the solar Auxillia Medusae for their closed and functional look compared to the more open topped legion version, but they needed to look more Iron Hard! So after adding my company sigils in the form of a heraldic shield, drum fed heavy bolter, barbed wire wrapping on the barrel (useful for iron warriors to unwrap and create hasty barricades). 

The Medusa also features the rocks and shattered pieces of alien fortresses destroyed during the great crusade to show their victory in the field of battle and act as a lucky totem. Inspired by this brilliant but harrowing scene from Saving Private Ryan here:  



That adds another 155pts to my total which puts me now at 1080 points:
So far I’ve got:

  • 1 Master of Signal with artificer armour + charnabal sabre. 115pts
  • 5 Tyrant siege terminators. 295pts
  • 10 tactical legionarys with sergeant with powerfist. 165pts
  • 10 tactical legionarys with a sergeant with a power axe. 160pts
  • 5 Iron Havocs with autocannons and augury scanner. 190pts
  • 1 Medusa with shrapnel bolts. 155pts


I'm going to make a vow now for end of April to try and get the following finished:
  • 10 tactical legionarys – 150pts
  • Siege Breaker/Warsmith Praetor – 150pts
  • Leviathan dreadnaught – 290pts
S Sneaky Peak: See Tyrannus - Back story soon! - in action.




No comments:

Post a Comment