Sunday 3 April 2016

Buteo Returns with WIPs!


Life has got in the way and I haven't had as much time as I would like for my Legiones Astartes.  I even played a game!  I have made some minor progress though by stealing half an hour here and maybe an hour there.  I've been painting my Cataphratii Terminators and assembled a Proteus Land Raider.  I really hope in the future that FW molds all the tracks onto the vehicle itself as I easily spent an hour to get my tracks on correctly and making it stable again.  Argh!  It won't stop me from buying more models like that but it will continue to annoy me to no end!


I can't remember the exact details anymore but this was a bloody fun game.  Against a beautifully painted Emperor's Children army.  Really awesome stuff, come to think of it this game was from a couple of months ago now I think.  Still lots of fun.


Heres a shot from the other end of the table.  We've played once since and my opponent used a shattered legion force with Death Guard and Emperor's Children.  Also a great game!


Here's my other 6 Cataphratii Terminators that I'm working on.  Right here they're in the preshaded phase and are about to get a bunch of washes to add depth.  Using the inspiration from Book 6: Retribution I've painted black marble on the left shoulder pads and on the knee pads, I'm going to add black marble to their Spartan as well to tie them together.  Hopefully I can finish these guys off soon, they've also got a Land Raider Spartan to ride around in. 


Finally my Seeker Squad and their Land Raider Proteus.  I've magnetized the sponsons and pintle mounted weapons, both the Multi-Melta and Heavy Bolter.  I love the idea of these guys scouting forward or maybe even running around in someone's backfield blowing up stuff at will.

I've reclaimed some of my life again and I'm gonna get back into the Hobby groove!  I have a Contemptor Dreadnought and Legion Glaive to assemble and paint so I've got a lot to work on.  I still haven't forgotten about the White Scars yet but I'm also getting distracted by the idea of a small Blackshields zone mortalis force.  In any case I want to get the Terminators and Spartan finished before June.

No comments:

Post a Comment