Sunday 28 February 2016

Post Weekender Projects

I was hoping to have a lengthy discussion about my hobby projects but work has been rather manic since the Weekender and I've not even had the time to take a breath and debrief. A battle report will surely follow. All in good time.


As I've barely managed to hobby this month I will tease you with my next project and this year's plans, I can say only this: There will be shields, bikes, Children, death from the skies and a Primarch. Here's a WIP:



So then, my first project for the year are my Gal Vorbak. These models are absolutely gorgeous and I bought them a long while ago when they came out - with no real plan on how I could use them, just that they were very pretty. Glad to finally be painting them!


I've decided to take them in the direction of being Alpha Legion colours, so I can use them with the Rewards of Treason rule in my rite of war. I've heard of people using the colours of the stolen unit with the Alpha blues showing through where the paint is scraped or damaged away, but I've only ever seen examples of this looking a mess. On top of that my rationale is that the Alpha legion infiltrate and steal the units of other legions in two ways - literally to steal the technology or to steal the knowledge to replicate it.


When it comes to daemonic possession though, I'd strongly doubt the Word Bearers would look kindly on enacting the rituals of possession on an intruder - so it makes more sense that the process was stolen by the Alpha Legion and done at their own behest.


This guy has gone through a few stages and I'd call him mostly done. I initially painted all the runes with a glow effect by hand but then realised I really wanted to push the boat out and try some OSL glow effects with my airbrush as it's been a while since I attempted it and not really at a small scale. So I hit those runes again.


Quite happy with the results so far. Basically I'm lucky to get a few hours of painting in a week so the squad will progress one at a time bit by bit and eventually I'll have them all done and be ready for transfers and basing.





Syra Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment