Monday 8 February 2016

Fresh Blood Joins the 4th Legion




So what seems like an age since my last blog post I’ve finally got round to another completed squad and my first character (albeit a support character!). There have been many a distraction which has kept me from getting my squaddies finished which you will see later…

So my completions this month have amount to 5 heavy support marines with autocannons, who I will be using as Iron Havocs and have received a nice boost to bs5 in the updated Legion red books. So that’s 185pts, and then my trusty Master of Signal Consul who comes with a charnabal sabre (after some training in the Emperor’s Children fighting pits) and artificer armour so 115pts.

Now for some pics – which after deciding taking night time photos at 2am didn’t yield the best results and on advice from Syra I ventured into sunlight photos. Gosh!


Come get some!

The Iron Havocs were a pretty standard build with some parts mixed in from the Iron Warrior and Iron Hands kits, the obligatory shields, and a nice bald head! My master of signal was a little more complex with parts from a range of kits including devastor Signum, Red Scorpion Breastplate, mk2 legs and a mk4 arm to go with his charnabal sabre. He has been dubbed the skirted pirate. They laugh, until he goes on the rampage and runs down a squad by himself! Ask Syra!




So to recap I’m in my third month of my 6 month challenge to a 1500 point army ready. So far I’ve got:
1 Master of Signal with artificer armour + charnabal sabre. 115pts
5 Tyrant siege terminators. 295pts
10 tactical legionarys with sergeant with powerfist. 165pts
10 tactical legionarys with a sergeant with a power axe. 160pts
5 Iron Havocs with autocannons and augury scanner. 190pts

Bringing me nicely to 925pts and I still need a mandatory hq! Right, so about those other projects that have proven a big distraction you can have a glimpse now and I’ll write another post down the line:


Some shooty chevron WIP:


Something, something, choppy, something something, shooty


If you listen close you may even hear the rev of engines!

No comments:

Post a Comment