Monday 15 June 2015

The Story of Buteo

Everybody has a vice and mine was for miniature toy soldiers.  I've been a long time Games workshop fan and have been engaged on/off in the hobby for the past 20 years.  I was first introduced by a friend into the hobby when I was 11 during 2nd edition of Warhammer 40k and it had me completely hooked.  Super human soldiers, tanks and walking fighting robots?  What's not to love.  I started off with a blood angels army and absolutely loved it.  I spent many Sundays going to my local GW to play in their mega battles and being a general pest to their staff.

Warhammer 40k 2nd Starter Set


During the next 20 years I've collected and played with a lot of different armies.  Each one is unique in their own way.  Be it amazing story, a great character or simply amazing sculpts.

Armies Collected:
  • Blood Angels - 2nd Edition (gone)
  • High Elves (gone)
  • Dark Angels - 3rd Edition (gone)
  • Eldar - 4th Edition
  • Death Korps of Krieg (Imperial Guard) - 5th Edition
  • Imperial Fists - 5th Edition
  • Lamenter's (Blood Angels) - 5th Edition

I moved to the UK a couple of years ago and it really invigorated my passion for the hobby.  I've made my pilgrimage to Warhammer World and went to Warhammerfest (2014).  The miniatures on display (GW & Gold Daemon) were amazing and the Forgeworld displays were simply inspiring.

Forgeword Display - Zone Mortalis - Imperial Fists vs Iron Warriors


I made the choice that my next project was going to be a Horus Heresy (30K) army.  To choose my Legion Astartes had me going back to my first love, the Blood Angels.  I've also loved Sanguinius as a character and an opportunity to put him into an army was too much to pass up (I know the model hasn't been released yet).  This all started to take off when I went to the Horus Heresy Weekender (2015) and I dumped fully into 30k.  I bought the beginnings of my force and have been working on it almost exclusively since then.  This will be the army I'm going to doing for our Hobby Challenge.   Completed so far of the IX Legion Astartes, the noble Blood Angels.


1 comment:

  1. Awesome post Buteo! Your progress on the Angels so far is an inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete