Saturday 1 August 2015

Syra's Month #1 Complete and Month #2 Committments


It has been a great month for hobbying all around, starting with the brilliant FW open day in Nottingham and carrying on with a lot of fun (and occasionally grueling) times spent making my first Forge World resin army.

Not to mention the excellent battle that the three of us had with our fledgling legions (the second part of the battle report is coming soon)!


Definitely riding a hobby high with all of the above, but it wasn't all smooth sailing... Some of the casts (particularly on the two deimos pattern kits and almost all smooth mk4 shoulders were full of holes or cracks, not to mention countless other little problems on any given piece of resin) were really shocking. I feel like that's something you have to accept working in this medium, but it is a mentally taxing process. It took a lot of patience and determination to repair and I went through a whole bottle of liquid green stuff. My fingers still havent quite recovered from all the cuts and abrasions they suffered in the process of this mad rush to build so much resin in so short a time - I'm just hoping the fingerprint scanner on my Iphone will forgive me soon!

Entirely worth it though:

Completed July commitments:
  • Make an army's worth of 32mm Bases 
  • Bonus points if you know what that box is...
    • Plus a little bonus - Dreadnought base!
Because I could!

  • Legion Tactical Support Squad + plasma guns - 6 models, 205 points
Each one has a slight variation on the colour scheme

  • Clean and assemble everything 
Yes, I actually managed it!



Onto August's commitment:

  • Legion Tactical Squad + Nuncio Vox - 15 models, 210 points
  • Deimos Pattern Rhino - 35 points

Total commitment = 245 points

Now the painting starts in earnest. I'm still not 100% on the colours but I am building up to that point. Still, I have a lot to learn as this will be my first fully airbrushed army and I'm not totally confident with vehicles yet. Looks like the ideal time try it out, can't wait!

Syra Out

1 comment:

  1. Your stuff has been great so far. I'm sure you'll figure it all out. 15 tactical marines are a great way to practice though! Looking forward to seeing this commitment complete.

    ReplyDelete