Monday 6 July 2015

Syra's month #1 - July commitments

I went out like a madman last month and got myself a giant pile of 30k, my entire 1500 points (and a bit more - all at once) and now it’s here!


All the pretties!

It’s all a little overwhelming at the moment and so I’m going to be sneaky with my first month’s target...


Instead of just picking a unit to paint, I’m going to be putting in the groundwork which will accelerate my progress for the next 6 months of the challenge and also will be finishing off a project which is partly done already.


July commitments:

  • Clean and assemble everything (within reason..)
    • That’s a lot of resin okay! It will take me a week or two…
  • 32mm Bases!
    • I really want this whole army to be on the new base size so I went out and bought 40 of them. I want to get ahead on my basing scheme ready for when I have models to put on them.
  • Finish my Legion Tactical Support Squad - 205 points
    • My first foray into a paint scheme for the new legion army began with my chaos space marines chosen who are stacked with plasma guns. They are now being pressed into 30k service. I tested several variations of the theme with these guys and I'm not quite 100% happy on the result yet, but its a good foundation to build on with future models. I’m going to be finishing them off and basing them.


Looking forward to getting a move on with this! Hydra Dominatus!



Progress:
I love the smell of detergent in the morning

Wait, what? Commitment and progress at the same time??

Okay so this post was actually written over a week ago in anticipation of the start of the challenge - in draft form. I’ve had most of that time off work so I have made some furious headway into the process already. The whole lot of resin has had a nice bath and a scrub and most of the mold lines/flash (and skin on my fingers fingers) has been scraped off.


My small mountain of resin cut-offs


Now onto assembly!



No comments:

Post a Comment